MSD’s Supplier Diversity Program has worked since 1985 to increase participation of qualified minority and woman-owned businesses in contracts to perform work in our core business areas:
- Construction and construction-related services
- Engineering and other professional services
- Materials, commodities and services procurements
We have programs aimed separately at boosting certified Minority and Women Business Enterprises (MBE/WBE) in becoming prime contractors or subcontractors.
Prime Contractor Bid Discounts:
During bid evaluations on projects estimated between $30,000 and $500,000, the total dollar amount of each MBE/WBE prime contractor bid is reduced by 10 percent to arrive at a net evaluation price. The contract is awarded at 100 percent of the pre-reduced bid amount. Table 1 details groups eligible for bid discounts.
Construction Subcontracting Goals – MBE and WBE Participation:
- On contracts valued by MSD at $150,000 or more,
- At least 35% should be subcontracted to eligible MBE and WBE firms
- Eligible MBE and WBE ethnic and gender groups are outlined below in Table 2
Engineering and Other Professional Services Contracts
- MBE/WBE aspirational participation goals remain the same for supplier diversity
- 15% MBE and 6% WBE subcontract goals
MBE and/or WBE Certification
All MBE and WBEs who participate in MSD subcontracts and other procurements must be certified and MSD recognized and approved before submitting a bid, quote and/or proposal and commencing work on an MSD subcontract. MSD will accept national, federal and/or local certifications from the following organizations and their regional affiliate offices for the purpose of supplier diversity inclusion of MBE and WBEs on our bids, RFQs, RFPS, PDBs, etc.
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- U.S. Small Business Administration 8(a) Program (U.S. SBA 8(a)) – only
- *Louisville Metro Government – Human Relations Commission (HRC)
*MSD accepts HRC MBE and WBE certification only.
*HRC must perform a desk review and conduct a site visit.
Register now with the MSD MBE/WBE Online Application
Find Certified MBE/WBE Businesses
Search by company name or product using this link to the Supplier Diversity Search Engine
Register for MSD Electronic Bid and RFP Notifications
For more information and/or to ask questions about Supplier Diversity
The Louisville and Jefferson County Metropolitan Sewer District (MSD)
Supplier Diversity Office
700 West Liberty Street
Louisville, KY 40203